Online, potential customers will often directly compare what a competing brand or site has to offer.
Benchmarking features and the brand engagement of a site or online marketing “puts you in the customers shoes” and gives you insight on where you need to improve. It can also give you inspiration to try new approaches whether they’re related to content, design or the brand communications used.
- Audit current approaches to digital marketing to identify areas for improvement;
- Benchmark against competitors who are in the same market sector;
- Identify best practice from more advanced adopters;
- Set targets and develop strategies and roadmaps for improving capabilities through time;
- Communicate the current situation to colleagues budget holders and highlight investment priorities in for different activities.